Biting the Bullet

Monday 22 February 2010

I decided to finally bite the bullet and start a blog! This will essentially be my scrapbook blog; a place for me to show my creations as well as provide a little insight into my life. The ladies over on Scrap Therapy (http://www.scraptherapy.com.au/index.php) inspired me to create this blog (they all have fabulous blogs!) so what better first post than the layouts I created for their latest cybercrop.

First up was my layout for the Theme Challenge. The theme this month was all about love (it was Valentine's Day this month after all!) and the challenge was to use cardstock as a base (with ink/paint/glimmermist etc) and to scrap about 5 things we or someone else loves. I wanted to do a layout of my partner but couldnt find a recent nice photo of just him so I decided to scrap the things we both love. The layout came up different to what I expected but I completely love it! And it's perhaps a little different to my usual style which is never a bad thing!


The second of my layouts was based on the sketch at Scrap Therapy and again I'm happy with the end result! I adore this photo of our gorgeous youngest niece Maddison and wanted it to stand out so I kept the layout fairly simple. The little miss attitude dogtag was actually a silly prize I won at a Timezone related place and was just the perfect embellie for my page: I love using random things to finish off a layout! You'll find as this blog continues that I often scrap with pink, not only because it is my favourite colour but also because we have five special little girls in our life and only one little boy




Thanks for looking, I hope to see some of you here as my blog evolves!

Until next time, Belinda xx

2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic for your first blog Belinda, you have done well.Great two LO's too show too. Love your sketch LO

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful layouts Belinda! Glad to see you took the plunge and got your blog going :D

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs